March 31, 2015
We see this speaker in your future…
Speakers with Bluetooth® capability are great, because they mean our audio experience no longer has to be tied down by wires. But what about a speaker that means your audio experience no longer has to be tied down by gravity?
Meet the Om/One, the world’s first levitating Bluetooth speaker. No, really. Would we lie to you? Okay, we do occasionally. But this is for real. This is not April Fool’s again. We promise.
The speaker part of the Om/One setup hovers a little less than an inch above its base, using magnetic repulsion. It makes so much sense, we’re surprised we haven’t seen it before. Most speakers already involve large magnets. Why not use them to get a little extra wow factor? Or, let’s be honest, a lot. It’s a freaking levitating speaker.
We’re going to get one, sure, but we’re hoping they’re going to let us drill holes in the conference room table in The Bored Room (sic) to drop the base into so visitors to FATKIDS® HQ will just witness a ball hovering above the table when they sit down. Likeyado.
Product Specifications :
- World’s first levitating wireless speaker
- Speaker hovers .8″ above base
- Compatible with Bluetooth® 4.0 devices + EDR
- 33 ft. wireless range
- 75mm audio driver
- Amplifier: 3 watt RMS
- Output: Up to 110db
- Built-in microphone for phone calls
- On/off touch sensor
- Batteries: Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (one charge provides 12 hours of continuous play)
- Base contains USB port for recharging (24″ USB to wall cable included)
- Dimensions: 6.0″ high (Base: 1.6″ + Float: 0.8″ + Orb: 3.6″) x 6.3″ diameter
- Speaker Orb: 3.6″ diameter, .75 lb.
- Base Unit: 6.3″ diameter x 1.6″ high, 1.3 lbs.
- Includes speaker orb, base unit, 12V DC power supply, 24″ charging cable & stand
Available now HERE.