December 4, 2014
What really makes “Brain Freeze”
There are two ways to get an icy skull. The first involves dipping your head into a vat of liquid nitrogen. After a few moments, your skull will be totally frozen. The downside to this way is: your skull will also be very delicate and could shatter. Oh, and you’d be dead. The other way (the one we prefer) is using this set of Skull Ice Molds!
Each set of Skull Ice Molds includes two two-part molds (i.e., you can make two skull ice cubes at the same time with one set). But ice skulls aren’t the only thing you can make with your Skull Ice Molds. You can make chocolates or little cakes or even soap! Imagine the joy your friends and/or coworkers will have once you start dishing out skull-shaped presents or serve them drinks with skull ice cubes! Skull Ice Molds – puts the “eeeeew” back in cool (as in, they’ll keep your drinks cool).
To freeze: Fill bottom half of mold up to seam. Put top half of mold on (match rear tabs). When frozen, remove from freezer. WITHOUT removing the top, fill the rest of the way (but leave a little space) and put back in freezer. Because of the magic of water molecules (and how they expand when frozen), this method prevents it the mold from leaking.
To unmold: Remove the cap. With your fingers at the edges and your thumbs at the base of the mold, push your thumbs out while peeling the mold back with your fingers. You might be tempted to run water over the mold to loosen it, but resist that urge! Keep working it out, and you’ll get a perfect icy skull.
- Use this mold set to make skull-shaped (minus lower jaw) ice cubes (or candies or cakes or soap or…)
- Each 2-part mold makes one skull ice cube at a time – and two full molds are included in each set
- A ThinkGeek creation and exclusive!
- Wash before first use
- Materials: Food-grade Silicone
- Dishwasher, freezer, oven, and microwave safe
- Includes: 2 2-part molds (4 pieces in total)
- Dimensions: Skull Ice Cubes are approx. 1.75″ x 1.75″ x 2.33″
Available now HERE.