April 12, 2014
“The possession of anything begins in the mind.”
73 years ago, the Year of The Dragon, November 27, 1940, on the hour of the dragon, Bruce Lee was born. Known to the world as a martial artist, actor, and philosopher, Bruce Lee was a visionary, and continues to inspire new generations. These Bruce Lee Playing Cards honor his legacy. Read on to find out why they are so special.
The Chinese dragon design on the backs of the Bruce Lee Playing Cards celebrates his birth. The faces of the cards were inspired by the iconic tracksuit he wore in “Game of Death,” and feature a black stripe running through them, “like water.” On each of the cards is a different philosophical quote from Bruce Lee’s teachings. The Aces however, which are traditionally the most elaborate cards, were left blank to symbolize a free mind. In stark contrast with the rest of the deck are two black and white picture cards featuring Bruce Lee in action. We love Bruce Lee and that’s why we love Bruce Lee Playing Cards. We leave you with the quote on the 9 of clubs, “The meaning of life is that it is meant to be lived.”
Bruce Lee Playing Cards:
- This deck looks like Bruce Lee’s black and yellow tracksuit from “Game of Death.”
- 48 cards feature quotes from the master. The aces are left blank for introspection.
- Designed by Dan and Dave in collaboration with Bruce Lee Enterprises.
- Originally released for Bruce Lee’s 73 birthday, this second edition features all new quotes and new box design.
- Dimensions: Standard playing card sized.
Available now HERE.