January 26, 2014
If you’ve ever lived in a call-center or a warehouse environment, scrolling LED message boards may strike fear into your heart. But they don’t have to. You can use them for your own nefarious purposes.
This tiny programmable LED message board can share whatever you want: an out-of-office message, itty-bitty bitmaps, the Bitcoin exchange rate. You can store up to 8 messages, so you can flip between your most frequently used ones when you need them. Although it was originally Windows-only, the manufacturer has recently added support for Mac OS 10.7+, plus you can find Linux and Ruby drivers on GitHub and SourceForge.
- Tiny LED message board lets you get people’s attention with text, images, and animations
- Compatible with Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7 / 8 and Mac OS 10.7+ from the manufacturer
- Linux and Ruby drivers available on GitHub and SourceForge
- Stores up to 8 custom messages
- Supports up to 12 bitmap images for custom graphic messages
- 3 brightness levels
- 5 scrolling modes: left, right, up, down, freeze, and flash
- Speed setting
- Displays black and white 21 x 7 pixel bitmaps
- Supports sound effects (.wav) on Windows machines (through computer speakers)
- Powered by computer via 43″ USB cable – must be connected to function
- Dimensions: 2″ tall x 3 1/4″ wide x 3/4″ thick
- Care instructions: Wipe gently with a damp cloth (unplug first)