January 7, 2013
A day before the official announcement, Fujifilm UK has leaked the full details of the new Fujifilm X100S.
The X100 originally launched 2 years ago and has put Fujifilm back on the map like no other camera in a long time. Beautiful design and great performance were packed into the X100, whose successor we can take a first look at today.
The design language, vintage inspiration, stays the same, yet a series of new innovative features has made its way into the camera. With the X100S, Fujifilm introduces a new higher-definition Hybrid Viewfinder and a new sensor and processor. A newly develped 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor allows for incredibly high quality images, compared to the ones of a full frame camera. The camera also comes with the world’s fastest AF with just 0.08 seconds.
Here are the full specs of the new Fujifilm X100S:
· 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
· EXR Processor II
· High Definition Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF)
· FUJINON 23mm f/2 lens
· Intelligent Hybrid AF (with the world’s fastest AF speed of 0.08 secs (*1))
· Start-up time of 0.5 secs (*4)
· Shutter time lag of 0.01 secs
· Shooting interval of 0.5 secs
· High-contrast and wide viewing-angle 2.8-inch Premium Clear LCD (460K dots)
· Super Intelligent Flash
· Burst shooting rate of up to 6 frames per second at full resolution (max. 29 frames)
· Focus Peak Highlight function
· Digital Split Image display
· Artistic filters
· Full HD movie recording (60fps / 30fps)
Tomorrow we should be able to give you a closer look at the camera, as well as the new Fujifilm X20, the successor of the X10.
words by David Fischer